Big D Sports will try to play all games as scheduled (whether it’s hot, cold or even raining just a bit) as long as we are not jeopardizing the safety of our players or ruining the fields. All of our fields are contracted either through the City of Dallas or private venues, so we do not get to make the final decision whether or not fields are playable. Even though we may not always agree with the venue’s decision, we have to respect the decision per our contract.
Big D Sports will check fields (as soon as possible) after it has rained to see if we can make an early decision on our own. If we can make the decision ourselves, we will update all weather avenues right away. If the fields are questionable and we have to wait for a final decision from the venue, we may not know until after 4:00 pm. If it rains late afternoon/early evening (or during league play), we may not catch everyone before they get to the field, but we will move as quickly as possible.
Please do not ask us about field status! We know you need this information so will update everyone the minute we know (see #3 below as the safest last minute way to get information).
Remember… this is Texas. It may be raining buckets where you are and be perfectly sunny at our fields – or vice versa. Always check the weather info if you are not sure.
How do you check weather info/game status? We have something for everyone so use the data source that best works for you.
- Check our website at www.bigdfun.com. The home page has a red banner that will be updated for rainout info, and more detail will be in the weather section at the bottom of the page.
- Follow us on Twitter (@TheBigDSports) and/or Facebook (Big D Sports & Entertainment). You can also receive push notification (settings required).
- Enable text notifications through your account (check with your carrier for possible fees). We will only text rainout info or other urgent field info. From your dashboard click on the ‘text message settings” and opt-in.
- Games will be rescheduled in the system, so all players on the online roster will get an email with the reschedule notification.
- Captains will get an email notification as well, but this will be the last form of communication so may not be as timely as the others.